Because our services require us to collect some personal information (including, payment information), we want you to have the information you need to make an informed decision about sharing information with us.
Types Of Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Site, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card number and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your age, educational goals, education level, career aspirations, and your interest in and use of various products, programs, and services; and/or
- about your Internet connection and the equipment, you use to access the Site, such as usage details and IP addresses.
We collect this information: (i) directly from you when you provide it to us; (ii) automatically as you navigate through the Site; and (iii) from third parties.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect from you, including personal information, may include the following:
- Information that you provide by filling out a form on the Site. For example, information provided at the time of registration for login access and information requests.
- Participation in promotions or contests; and when you report any problems with the Site;
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide payment information before placing an order through the Site;
- Records and copies of your communication with us when you send email, contact our support or help desk or initiate other communications to us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for purposes of research and service improvement;
- General search queries you perform on the Site; and
- Other information you may choose to provide to us. You may choose to provide or post information, including personal information, on designated areas of the Site or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Content”).
Information We Automatically Collect
When you interact with the Site, we may use data collection technologies like cookies, web beacons, web server log files, mobile analytics software or other tracking technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including the following:
- Information about your device and internet connection such as your IP address, operating system, device and software data (such as type, configuration and unique identifiers), mobile carrier, geo-location (GPS, Wi-Fi, or user-entered) and mobile number; and
- Information about your interaction with the Site, including your navigation patterns such as whether you clicked on one of our advertisements or our promotional content, pages you visited on the Site, videos you watched, which website you came from, date and time stamp information of your access, and other online activity such as course and lesson selections, reviews, ratings, payment history, correspondence, and other navigation information.
On the Site you may watch educational videos or videos about us, educational institutions and other providers. By watching the video content, you agree that we may share your video viewing with or obtain information about your video viewing from analytics providers, advertising partners and third-party social networking sites for two years from the date of data collection, or as permitted by applicable law, unless you withdraw consent.
Although information we collect through these tracking technologies is not always personally identifiable when collected, we may combine such information with personally identifiable information like your name or email address. We may also use these technologies to collect information about your activity on our website over time and send advertisements to you regarding the Site when you are browsing other websites. The information we collect helps us improve the Site to deliver better and more personalized services.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We collect information from third parties in connection with the operation of our services. For example, we may offer you an option to create an account and log in to the Site using your account credentials through certain third-party social networking sites (“SNSs”) such as Facebook. If you elect to register or use the Site using an account you already have with an SNS, we may obtain your information from the applicable SNS pursuant to your agreement with that SNS. The information we collect may depend on the privacy settings you have with the applicable SNS, so please check their privacy and data practices.
We also collect and receive information about you from third parties, including websites which publish our ads and offers as well as other online and offline sources such as identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, and we may combine such information with other information you have provided to us. We may supplement this information with information from other sources, including offline data, your browsing behavior on other websites and interactions with our advertising.
Your friends may also provide information about you to us through our referral or sharing features. Your friends may provide your name and e-mail address and ask us to send you information about our Services.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us as below:
- To make the Site and content available to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To provide you with notices about your product;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, such as for determining your eligibility for a free trial or, billing and collection, etc.;
- To promote our service offerings to you and other users;
- To promote our partners’ products and services we believe will interest our users.
- To third parties, at your request, so that they may make you aware of their products and services;
- To notify you about changes to the Site or services we provide;
- To provide you with information pertaining to your Site account;
- To customize the Site to your interests or location and enhance your overall experience;
- To respond to your inquiries and requests;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose the information we collect from you or that you provide to us as described below:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (e.g., website hosting service providers, data analytics providers, etc.) and in connection with processing or fulfilling your requests or inquiries (e.g., call centers, fulfillment services, etc.);
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all our assets, whether as an ongoing concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceedings in which your information held by us is among the assets transferred;
- To third parties at your request to market their products or services to you;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it (e.g., to reference your information for your friend when you use the “refer a friend” feature of the Site);
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- For any other purpose with your prior written consent.
We may also disclose your information:
- To comply with any court order, applicable law, legal process, rule or regulation, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To cooperate with law enforcement;
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; or
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, reputation or safety of Zachariah Institute, our employees, our customers, or others (e.g., in connection with fraud protection, credit risk reduction, etc.).
Once disclosed, your personal information may be processed in accordance with the recipients’ privacy policies. We may also disclose aggregated information about our users that does not identify any specific individual without restriction for any purpose not prohibited by law.
We value your privacy and strive to provide you with choices regarding the handling of personal information you provide to us. Here are ways you may control your information:
- Opting Out of Promotional Emails from Us. You may opt out of receiving marketing and promotional emails from us at any time by using the opt-out mechanism contained in such emails (also referred to as “unsubscribe”), or by submitting your request to email@example.com. Also, please note that opting out of receiving promotional email communications will affect only future communications from us. If we already provided your information to a third party before you changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to directly contact the relevant third party to communicate your choice to them in accordance with their policy.
- Declining Browser Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. If you do not want us to track your information using browser cookies, you can adjust your browser settings to decline cookies. You should note, however, that certain areas of the Site may not operate properly if you decide not to accept cookies.
- Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties. We do not share information with third parties beyond our service providers.
Our Data Security Procedures
We have implemented security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse and/or unauthorized alteration of information you provide to us or that we collect. We adopt both online and offline security methods, including firewalls, passwords and restricted physical access to the servers where your information is stored.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are the only user authorized to update your account unless you provide your login/password information to another party. We will assume that anyone who has the required login/password information for your account is you, so please keep this information confidential and do not share it with anyone.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account access information and for restricting access to your computer or device through which you access your user account with us. Where possible, users of public or shared devices should log out at the completion of each visit. If you sell or return a computer or device, you should log out and remove your user data as applicable before doing so. If you do not maintain the security of your password or device, or fail to log out or deactivate your device, subsequent users may be able to access your user account, including your personal information.
Unfortunately, no security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. Any transmission of your information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
More about Cookies and Related Technology
Cookies are small data files that are stored on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser. Cookies may be sent by us or our business partners and service providers when you visit the Site or when you interact with one of our advertisements or other Content. Cookies are stored in your computer or mobile device. In addition to storing your preferences and other information, cookies allow us to gather information about your interactions within the Site and/or with one of our advertisements. We use both session cookies, which terminate when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which remain on your computer until you manually delete them.
We may also track your movements through the Site, advertisements and other content through web beacons (also called pixel tags or clear gifs). When you access a page, email or other content containing a web beacon, the web beacon generates a notice to us, our service providers or third-party business partners. Web beacons can be used for various purposes, including to help us improve our marketing communications by measuring the response to our promotions and campaigns.
We have relationships with third-party advertising companies to place retargeting advertisements on our behalf onto other websites to encourage you to return to the Site. These advertising companies are our service providers and may automatically collect information about your visit to the Site and our advertisements on other websites, including your IP address, date/time stamp information, your Internet service provider and the browser you use to visit this Site, for example. They do this by using cookies, web beacons and other technologies. Information collected may be used, among other things, to deliver advertising from us off the Site.
Transfer of Information
We may transfer your information outside the United States where we may have facilities or may engage third parties such as payment processors, cloud services or other IT and service providers.